Capability Planning takes an enterprise-wide approach to determining IT investments. This type of planning is key to ensuring that the organizations IT aligns with all business objectives –not just one business, division, or geography, but the enterprise as a whole. While Traditional Annual Planning follows a three-phased approach—Demand Management, Portfolio Management and Budget Management, Capability Planning takes a top-down approach.
By adding Capability style="text-align:justify;"Planning, clients can put the focus on meeting enterprise objectives, rather than focusing solely on an annual budget. This type of planning provides a way for clients to look at all areas of the enterprise, and to develop a strategic approach to determining enterprise-wide software needs. Using this approach, it helps identify potential risks, as well as how to optimize all IT investments. While Traditional Annual Planning is typically an annual process, Capability Planning can include multi-year roadmaps, helping create strategic plans that can be dynamically supported by the enterprise as a whole.
- Research Providers—perform market scan for solution providers likely to fit the client requirements, and the selection of providers for analysis
- Develop Criteria—prioritize selection criteria based on client objectives, and develop demo scripts
- RFP Process—prepare RFI/RFP based on selection criteria, create timelines and response deadlines
- Analyze Solutions—score solutions based on demo criteria, while considering risk profile of vendor stability and prior performance
- Orals/Demos—score solutions based on responses and selection criteria, narrow the solutions and invite for orals/demos, then distribute demo scipts to appropriate stakeholders
- Select—choose vendor and perform initial discovery
Our services include:
- Development and documentation of objectives
- Defining business case and indicative ROI
- Determining and appropriate IT Solution selection process
- Assisting with drafting RFI/RFPs; and business process requirements based on demo scripts, which can be based on clients’ methodology and templates
- Alignment of client’s strategic objectives with the solution’s key strengths
- Facilitate overall process and scoring